2.25.2011

Another Miracle


Yes, we are pregnant! God has blest us with another child. I still can't believe it. All that time we spent waiting and waiting, thinking maybe it wasn't in God's plan for us to have children. And now, eight months after Andrew came into our arms, God created a new little life inside me. We couldn't be more excited! God has perfect timing as always. I remember on New Year's Eve Jarod and I went out to dinner and our conversation turned to the topic of adoption. We knew we wanted more children and that Andrew's first birthday was around the corner. When he turns one we would be eligible to get back in the adoption "book". That night we talked a lot about if we were ready for all the ups and downs of adoption, wondering if we could handle another change of heart, if that were to happen. So I began to pray that God would lead us in the right direction and prepare us for what was to come. It just so happens, that very night we conceived our second child!
Tomorrow I will be 10 weeks pregnant. The ultrasound pictures were taken at 8 weeks. In the pictures, the baby is upside down, doing a head stand. You can see the tiny arms and legs that are beginning to form. By now baby has all it's hands, feet, fingers, and toes! It is so unbelievable to me that people can argue that this is not a human life. I saw the heartbeat, I saw it move and at only 8 weeks into it's existence!

I was recently doing some research on Natural Family Planning and I came across an article that said this about conception: "...where does that immortal soul come from? The sperm doesn't carry it. The egg doesn't carry it. Where does it come from? It comes from a new act of creation by God. In each act of conception, there needs to be a new act of creation by God. One of my priest friends says that "when a new human life is created, the whole universe is changed because something has come into existence which did not exist before and will exist forever." It's just like when God made the whole universe, he made something from nothing. And now, he has made a new soul from nothing. It didn't exist. There isn't a group of souls out there that are sort of waiting around for a landing place. God actually performs a new act of creation."
I love thinking about that. The whole universe has changed forever because God created this new immortal soul that did not exist before and will continue to exist forever.
Life is precious! Thank you Lord for Your creation.

2 comments:

  1. who is that little tiny person going to be? I am always in awe looking at ultrasounds, getting a tiny glimps of this brand new person who only God knows. Just amamzing. We are so exccited for you and Jarod and can't wait to hold and squeeze another newborn. Andrew....a big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wish they had ultrasounds when I was pregnant with you girls! It's just amazing what all you can see.

    ReplyDelete