2.07.2011

Superbowl Champs!

It's a great day to be a cheesehead! The Green Bay Packers are the Superbowl Champions! As Jarod said this morning, "It's gonna be a good week". We are still flying high from the excitement of the game last night. And what a great game it was! I get very nervous watching the games, in fact all day yesterday I was watching the pregame hype and my stomach was in knots. I kept pacing around the house, looking at the clock, counting down the hours to game time.
This is how Jarod dealt with his pregame jitters.



Decked out in head-to-toe Packer gear, he washed both our cars in almost freezing weather. If you look closely, you can see that it is snowing! I wonder what our neighbors think! For the past two weeks in preparation for this game, Jarod wore nothing but Green Bay Packer clothes. I kid you not! To work he wore his Packer Polo's and Packer tie, and around the house he'd throw on one of his many Packer t-shirts, shorts, pajama pants, and hats. He fits into my family so well! You see, being a Huppert is synonymous with being a Packer fan. I love that we bond over beer brats, sauerkraut, and Packer games. I love that my nephew George won't wear anything but his Packer jersey all year long. I love that Megan even took an interest in the game this year and celebrated the win, embracing her Packer roots! It made me so sad that we were not able to come home to watch the biggest game of the decade with them. Even though we weren't home, we still had a great time! Although we couldn't cheer too loud, because every time we did, Andrew burst out in tears. We just couldn't help ourselves on some plays and had to deal with his meltdowns (only a few times)!




I am so proud of my Packers having to fight through all the injuries this year and coming out on top. But I am most impressed with Greg Jennings. Did you catch his post game interviews? After being asked how he's feeling having just won the Superbowl, the first thing out of his mouth was "To God be the glory"! It's so refreshing in a sport where we have to listen to T.O. cry about how awesome he is and Chad name himself Ochocinco because their egos are way too big. Thank you Mr. Jennings for that lesson. Thank you for reminding me to give God the glory in everything.
To God be the Glory





1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!! You all look so awesome. TJ can appreciate Jarod's carwashing in the freezing cold! And Andrew looks so cute in his packer outfit...I wonder how many Packer clothes/outfits we have all combined together? We missed you guys too...but wasn't it so cool to see them win!!!!

    ReplyDelete