2.11.2011


This is how we've been feeling all week. Jarod, Andrew and I all came down with the yucky cold, head congestion bug that's been going around. It's been a week full of crying, nose wiping, jammies, and laying on the couch. I don't even know how many boxes of Puffs we've gone through. I feel so bad for Andrew. His nose has been continually running - it seems there is no end to the snot. We have been using the snot-sucker-outer bulb on him which he hates, so it's usually a two man job to hold him down, keep him from throwing his head around and try not to jab him in the eye. I just wish he could blow his nose. To help him along with this, we sometimes hold his mouth closed. What? I promise I'm a good mom!
I am happy to say that we are all feeling much better now. I had been cooped up in this house for four days without going anywhere, so last night when Jarod came home from work he encouraged me to go for a walk around the block. Those 10 minutes of fresh air were just what I needed. Thanks hun.
Amidst the nose-blowing, we did manage to get some playing in this week. Look at how big he's getting. Did I mention that he is standing now and walking around furniture?


He has learned that if he rocks back and forth over and over in his highchair he can scoot forward. The highchair was against the wall. I will be fixing his food and turn around and see that he has traveled a few feet.

He thinks he's so smart!

A new challege we are faced with is how to save our walls. His favorite thing to do now is drive his trucks around and ram them into the walls. It's so cute how he flinches from the loud noise it makes. However, the dents in the walls aren't so cute. I guess this is just the beginning!









1 comment:

  1. I love how his arms are too long for his jammies...he's going to be one big boy!! Glad to hear you all are feeling better. And just go ahead and kiss those nice walls good-by.... speaking from experience of course :)

    ReplyDelete