7.11.2011

Summer Vacation

Our first long road trip with Andrew. We drove 7 hours to visit our good friends, the Kirars in Stockton, Missouri. Andrew was a trooper in the car...with help from his see 'n say, V-Tech book, and a baby Einstein DVD. We spent the long weekend relaxing at their home which is right next to Stockton Lake. Jarod and Doug went fishing in the mornings and, although Jarod admittedly doesn't know much about fishing, he was able to catch four different types of fish with the help of the pro, "Captain Doug". Of course each morning he came back with a story about "the big one that got away". Wish I could have seen them!





Andrew had a good time playing with Sophia and Gage. Notice how nice and protected Gage is from the sun with his hat, sunglasses and UV swim shirt. I can't get my fair-skinned blue-eyed boy to keep a hat or sunglasses on for more than two seconds and the swim shirts won't fit over his big noggin! The hat is a constant battle between us. I don't know why I keep trying!








This is heaven for my son...digging around in the mud, splashing in the water, throwing rocks...and I only stopped him when he tried eating it. I made myself not think of all the nasty bacteria and germs in the lake water and let him have a little fun.









Thanks Doug, Ali, Sophie and Gage for a great time. We're looking forward to next summer already!

No comments:

Post a Comment