7.22.2011

Happy Independence Day!









Tad, Sommer and Baby Elliott came to visit over the long weekend. Andrew was a little under the weather, but we still had a great time. Elliott is the happiest baby I've seen. He smiles from ear to ear all the time. All you have to do is say "hi" to him and he is overcome with excitement.



Elliott and Andrew in their matching shirts: Mommy's little firecracker!








While Jarod was giving Tad and Sommer eye exams, I stayed home with the kids. This gave me a little glimpse into my life in the near future. For the first time I started to worry. From the moment that we found out I was pregnant, Jarod and I have been completely overjoyed. To be blessed with the gift of another child was what we had been praying for. It wasn't until now that I started thinking of the responsibility. Caring for two children is a lot different than one. Andrew is still so needy and requires a lot of redirection. How am I going to keep him out of trouble while I'm nursing the baby or fix lunch when they are both needing my attention? Although I am getting a little nervous about what lies ahead, I am not losing perspective. Raising two children 17 months apart will be a challenge, but it will bless my life in more ways than I can imagine. Thank you God for this blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment