7.13.2011

Bike Rides, Pickles & Fireworks







Yes, that's me, 7 months pregnant...on a bike! I didn't think I could do it, but I surprised myself. Being pregnant has been my excuse for avoiding exercise. But we recently bought this bike trailer for Andrew and wanted to take it out for a spin. So I dusted off my tennis shoes and, after getting reacquainted with my bike, we took off. I may have looked a little weird, but I did it!




We kicked off the 4th of July long weekend by riding down to Jimmy John's for lunch where we made a new discovery. Andrew loves pickles. He didn't just eat the pickle, he devoured it!
I've got a pickle, I've got a pickle, I've got a pickle hey hey hey hey!




Later that night we walked down to the lake and watched the fireworks show. We were a little nervous about how Andrew would handle all the noise. It was way past his bed time and he's been known to get pretty shaken up when we've been in loud crowds. At the first big boom he started screaming and was plastered to my body, his little arms squeezing tight around my neck. Jarod and I looked at each other as if to say "What were we thinking???" and immediately started making an exit plan. But after the first couple minutes, he calmed down and started watching the bright colorful lights. He was still pretty tentative, but soon he relaxed and we all enjoyed the amazing fireworks display.







No comments:

Post a Comment