2.28.2012

Neigh, Moo, Cock-A-Doodle-Doo...

A sweet little baby is almost due!  Carla and Zach's baby, that is.  And we are SO excited to meet this little one. On Sunday we threw a baby shower for her. This whole last month my time has been consumed with all the planning, decorating, and crafting for this shower...not because I had to, but because it was so much fun!  I just couldn't stop!  I'm sure Jarod is relieved it is over so I can finally put my craft room (a.k.a the storage room) back together again. 
Since Carla and Zach both grew up on the farm we thought it was fitting to have a baby farm animal theme.  Between Sommer, Camille, Jennifer, Catherine and me, we came up with some fun ideas and delicious food.
My favorite thing to make were these chalkboard pedestals, an idea I found on Pintrest.  It took a while to paint, stain, and glue them together but I think they turned out really nice and I'll definitely be able to use them for all occasions. 
Carla got so many nice baby gifts so they should be all set.  And it's a good thing too because I got a message from her today saying she is already dilating and 75% effaced!  Thank you baby for waiting until after the shower to make your appearance!

1 comment:

  1. everything looked so awesome! way to go you crafty girl.

    ReplyDelete