2.24.2012

Valentines

We had a very fun Valentine's Day at home.  The day before I received a beautiful bouquet of Gerber daisies and a balloon from my loving husband.  I love getting flowers and he knows it.  There's been times when he's brought home flowers for no reason at all and many of our special occasions have been celebrated with flowers.  The best was right after I had Andrew.  He brought me a beautiful bouquet of blues and yellows and thanked me for all of my hard work.  I'll always remember that!

I wanted to do little things to make Valentine's Day special.  We started out with chocolate pancakes with whipped cream and bananas for breakfast. 

Then, throughout the day I left goodies with little love notes tied to them for Jarod in places where he'd least expect them.  His favorite was when we showed up at work with a latte and note that read "We love you a latte".  A little cheesy but it was fun!

Andrew really enjoyed opening his valentines from both grandmas and grandpas.  I'm glad he gets excited about opening mail.  I do too!

For a special treat we made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  We saved some for ourselves and took the rest in to Shopko for the opticians t enjoy.  

The day ended with a candlelit dinner of cheese ravioli, bread, and my favorite wine.  It was a good day and I'm so glad I got to share it with my 3 boys...the loves of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment