12.30.2011

Our Christmas at Home


This was the first year that it really felt like Christmas at home.  Last year Andrew was too young to know what was going on so we didn't really do much at home.  We went to our families on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and had a great time, but we didn't really do anything special with just OUR family.  This year, having grown a year older and added another baby, we established some Christmas traditions of our own. 


Since we would be in Lincoln on Christmas Eve, we celebrated the night before as if it was our Christmas Eve. We had a nice candlelight dinner featuring lasagna, bread and Brussels sprouts.  When I was growing up it was our family tradition to have lasagna for Christmas Eve dinner so I think I'll keep that tradition going. 
  

I surprised myself at how excited I got that night.  I hadn't been that excited for Christmas since I was a kid.   I kept thinking about all the things that Andrew was going to experience and it brought back memories from my childhood...how excited my sisters and I would get sitting at the top of the stairs waiting for dad to make coffee and give us the go ahead to come down, then rushing down the stairs to see the presents waiting for us under the tree. 


On our Christmas morning Andrew found a big red wagon waiting for him.  And boy was he surprised!  He just loved pushing and pulling it around the house, opening and closing the door, and examining the wheels.  Present opening could have ended there and he would have been happy for the rest of the day, but we couldn't resist getting him a few more gifts. 



He got a tractor book that makes noises...


A magna doodle...


and Mater (from Cars) to go along with his Lightning McQueen

Jarod got coffee...


and some sports coats...


and I was very excited about my new ipad!


And Dominic was a good sport watching us all open our gifts. Next year, sweet child...just wait till next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment