12.21.2011

All Bundled Up

Last week the boys and I went to Lincoln while Jarod went Wild Hog hunting in Texas.  Andrew and Dominic spent some quality time with their cousins and I enjoyed doing my last bit of Christmas shopping and seeing my whole family.  I can actually say I got to see my "whole" family this time because at dinner one night we skyped Megan on Kristi's ipad.  Megan was getting ready to leave for her next adventure...living in Nicaragua, teaching massage therapy to the staff at a posh resort & spa.  After googling the place she is going to be staying, I am thinking Jarod and I might be in need of a Nicaraguan vacation sometime in the near future! 

Kristi and I always lament about the fact that I don't live in Lincoln.  Before I was married we lived just down the street from each other and could see each other any time.  We would go shopping and take walks together, they cooked me many dinners and I would babysit the kids.  Now that we are both stay at home moms I wish we lived close by.  We got a taste of what it would be like last week.  I love living in Norfolk, but nothing beats having family close by!
Andrew has a blast with his cousins.  He and Evelyn, who is just one year older than him, would chase each other around the house.  And with all of George's trains and cars laying around he was in HEAVEN!  One afternoon we went outside and played in the snow.  Up until now whenever we have taken him outside to play he just stands in the snow and looks at us like "What am I supposed to do now?".  But this time he took a few pointers from his cousins and really got into it!  He was crawling around in it, making snow angels, eating it, and having so much fun until his face was just about frozen!       




It was so nice to see him really playing with other kids. I'm so glad he has cousins his age on both sides of our family.  Kristi's new baby boy will only be three months younger than Dominic.  I have such good memories of growing up with my cousins and I know my boys will too.
 


Now, Megan, doesn't this make you want to start having kids!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of your Nicaraguan vacation! It may not make me want to have kids, yet, but it does make me want to come play with YOUR kids! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete