1.01.2014

The Middle Child

 Dominic, you and I share a special bond.  We are both stuck in the middle. I sometimes smile when I see you do things that I used to do.  You are always following right behind Andrew, imitating him, wanting to be like him.  As you are learning to talk you are saying some of the same quirky phrases that Andrew makes up.  In your quest to be like him you end up bothering him and getting into some pretty good fights about who is playing with what car or train.   Despite the fights, you and Andrew are best buds and I'm excited to see you grow up together.



 This is a rare moment between you and Sylvia.  Usually you ignore her and pretend that she is not there.  Sometimes you are mean to her and take toys away or lay on top of her until she cries.  You still haven't gotten over the fact that she has taken my time away from you.  I do feel bad that you get lost in the shuffle sometimes.  I don't get to spend as much time with you as I would like.  Most of the time when you are whining and crying and not listening, all you need is to be held.  If I can stop what I am doing for five minutes and rock with you on my lap, you are all better.  You just need a little bit of lovin' every day!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment