1.03.2014

A New Beginning

"I will never build a house"
 
I uttered that phrase many times this past year as we realized that we are outgrowing our house and started searching for something new.  I know that building a house requires you to make many decisions. And I know what I am good at and what I am not.  You could say decisiveness isn't one of my stronger qualities. I agonize over all decisions both big and small and have been know to change my mind numerous times.  This drives Jarod nuts!  I knew I would not enjoy building a house.  But after looking at real estate for months and not finding anything that would be right for us, Jarod talked me into building.  We found a 5 acre lot just outside of town that we thought would be perfect for us and we got to work drafting floor plans.   

Watching the progress has been a lot of fun.  Once a week we've tried to go out to the "construction site" as Andrew calls it to see what has been done.  I remember when they first poured the basement how small it seemed.  Then the walls went up and it seemed so different. 
 
The boys are in heaven when we go out there.  They get to see tractors and play in the big dirt piles.  What could be better for two little boys!  It is truly amazing how dirty they can get.  But, they have so much fun so I bite my tongue and scrub extra hard in the bathtub on those nights.   











No comments:

Post a Comment