11.29.2012

What We've Been Up To Lately

The big news is that Dominic is walking!  It was a week before he turned 14 months, we were all in the kitchen just finishing up breakfast.  Dominic was "helping" me load the dishwasher, then he turned around and walked to Jarod across the room.  We just looked at each other, stunned for a second and then I grabbed my camera!  He is still unstable at times but so cute!
We've been playing outside a lot since the weather has been fairly nice.  Andrew always asks to go on a walk.  He rides his trike, I push Dominic in the wagon and we go around the neighborhood for about 20 minutes.  Andrew would keep going for an hour if I'd let him.  The only way I can get him to head for home is to say "Let's see if dad is home yet". 
Andrew is growing like crazy.  He is a 2 1/2 year old in size 4T.  This morning he tried crawling on my lap to give me a hug and I realized he doesn't fit there anymore.  May also have something to do with my growing belly.
Andrew is obsessed with the "Hukers" and Packers.  He is always asking to wear his jerseys, play with the red and green tractors ("this Hukers, this Packers"), and every football game that comes on TV, in his mind is the Huskers or the Packers.  Saturdays and Sundays are exciting days around our house!  Especially with the help of Little Red.
Dominic is becoming more independent.  He is getting a little less picky with eating, but he can still throw a good fit.  He just came down with an ear infection and we couldn't get him to take the medicine for anything.  Jarod and I were wearing more of it than what he ingested the first time.  After that, we got smart and hid it in his applesauce. 
His favorite things to do are play with the ball popper and mess up Andrew's train tracks.  Andrew is a fairly good sport so far, but I can picture the screaming and fighting that is bound to happen in the not so distant future. 
Andrew is talking more and more all the time.  He suprises us everyday with new words.  He can now say almost everyone's names in our family.  He likes to pray for "Grrrandpa Bave" and "Grrrandpa Way" every night.   The cutest is how he says Dominic's name.  Dominic is now "pancake".  Everytime he says it I get a huge smile on my face and try not to laugh.  I am contantly asking him "Who is that?" just so I can hear him say it with his sweet little voice. 
 
He is also becoming so independent.  He is constantly saying "my turn" which means he wants to do it all by himself.  He has started getting himself dressed and undressed which requires a little bit of help from us.  He has also developed this incredibly cheesy smile that he flashes now everytime take his picture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment