12.31.2012

The Tradition Continues

Christmas Eve, to me, means a lasagna dinner by candlelight.  I grew up with that tradition and I'm carrying it on. 
My favorite Christmas gift this year was perfect behavior from both the boys at the evening mass!  It was unbelievable!  Thank you Santa!  After mass the boys got to open one gift; The Night Before Christmas book. 
I got to open one gift also.  They gave me a pine smelling candle since I was disappointed that we couldn't find a real tree this year and had to settle for our artificial one. 
 
The next morning I woke up feeling horrible.  I had gotten the flu.  Of all the days to get sick, it had to be our Christmas morning!  I did not enjoy our gift opening or brunch as much as I had hoped.  But Andrew did...I guess that's what matters!
Dominic would have been happy if we stopped after the first gift.  They both received new trains in their stockings; Andrew got Gordon and Dominic got James.  This was all he cared about.  He finally has a train that is his very own and Andrew can't take it away!

No comments:

Post a Comment