12.11.2012

40 Years Together

Jarod's parents recently celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary.  In our society today, being married for 40 years is quite an accomplishment, so we felt it needed to be celebrated.  The Kastl and Krenk families, along with some friends showed up to eat, drink, and be merry.  Even Kathy, only weeks after back surgery.  I feel so lucky that both Jarod's and my parents have given us wonderful examples of being in loving committed marriages.  It's honestly the best gift you can give your kids.  Thanks Mom and Dad!
 
I had a lot of fun putting together some decorations.  For each year they've been married I came up with a fun fact about them to correspond with the number of years.  The only one I had to make up was 32: the number of gallons of milk Kathy bought each week to feed 6 hungry boys!  Although it may have seemed to be true! 
The most fun was baking the cake.  I learned a new frosting technique which was very simple yet elegant.  I love being able to create something this beautiful and have it turn out well, and it tasted really good too! It got lots of complements.  I just smiled and thanked them and didn't dare tell anyone I cheated and used a Betty Crocker cake mix! 

No comments:

Post a Comment