10.08.2011

It's a BOY!!

September 25th at 3:48 am my life changed once again FOREVER!

Dominic Raynard Kastl, my second son, made his way into my arms. For the past 9 months I've carried him around inside of me feeling him move, hearing his heartbeat, knowing that he is a living human being that God created. But now he's here and I get to hold him and touch him and finally see just who this little one is. We did not find out this time if we were having a boy or a girl and the last few weeks the wait was killing me! I wanted to know so bad who this was that God chose for us. And now he's here. And he's perfect!



He is going to be such a good boy. I know this because he's already been so nice to his mama. He was born on Sunday morning, only 3 hrs and 48 min. past his due date. It was a short labor and delivery. I started feeling contractions around 7:00 Sat. night while watching the Husker football game. They started getting stronger as the evening went on and by 11:00 pm I decided it was time to go to the hospital...of course after I took a shower, packed my bag and made sure everything was ready for Andrew in the morning. We arrived at the hospital by midnight. Once they checked me we learned that I was already dialated to 6 cm. By the time the doctor got there I was at an 8 and the nurse said I might not be able to get the epidural. What??? These contractions were already so painful and I knew it was only going to get worse. I wanted those drugs now!!! Luckily the doctor approved it and a few short hours later, Dominic arrived.



He made his debut sunny side up, which made for really bad back labor. But it was the most awesome experience because the first thing I saw as I was pushing him out was his scrunched up little face. I was immediatly struck by how much that face looked like Andrew's. I have a picture in Andrew's room of him crying as a newborn; eyes shut tight, brow furrowed, forehead wrinkled and mouth wide open. I was shocked at how similar they looked in that moment. At this point we saw that the cord was wrapped around his neck. So before pulling him all the way out the doctor unwrapped the cord and suctioned his mouth and nose. Those seconds seamed like minutes as I heard the nurse say, "we still don't know if it's a boy or a girl". My eyes were glued to that little babe and as he finally made his way out, we all exclaimed together "it's a boy!"











And weighing in at 7 lbs 1 oz, he was a tiny boy compared to his big brother. So that's why pushing seemed to be a lot easier this time!!!







Grandma and Grandpa Kastl came to stay with Andrew while we were in the hospital so Sunday morning they were our first visitors.

























I really enjoyed my time in the hospital. It was relaxing, I was able to sleep a lot and hold my new baby. The nurses said I could go home on Monday, but I chose to stay one more night and went home Tuesday afternoon. Can you blame me? They brought me all my meals, took Dominic at night when he was crying, and kept my water filled with ice. Help was just the push of a button away! Jarod let me enjoy my little vacation and went home to take care of Andrew.





Good-bye hospital, nurses and brand new maternity rooms. Hopefully we'll be back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment