9.19.2011

More Kool-Aid Please!

August 13th weekend found us in Hastings, NE which just so happens to be the birthplace of the ooh so sugary drink that all kids love, Kool-Aid! We went to visit Camille, and partake in all the festivities including a parade, the largest Kool-Aid stand, the Hastings Museum, and waterpark. If the line wasn't so long we would have entered Jarod and Adam in the Kool-Aid drinkng contest as they could have probably set some records! I don't think I've drank that much Kool-Aid in one weekend since, well I don't know if I ever have! If you purchased a mug, you could have free refills all day long. And since they have what seemed like hundreds of different flavors, I felt compelled to try at least some. Pinneapple turned out to be my favorite! Andrew had a great time at the parade.


He was so excited...this was even before he had any Kool-Aid!






One sip of the sweet sticky stuff and it was all over! He wouldn't put the cup down for anything


...not even to smile for a family picture!


CHEERS!








Andrew loved the bears at the museum. He kept going back to talk to these polar bears.



The rest of the Kastl boys were enjoying making dams and playing in the water!




This was the best waterpark I've been to. Oh, we had so much fun! Everyone took their turn going down the waterslides (even my 8 month pregnant self!), Jarod and Adam were doing flips off the boards, Camille, Andrew, and I relaxed on the lazy river, and even Dave and Kathy had a blast in the wave pool. This waterpark is definitey not just for kids. Camille, we will be coming back!





No comments:

Post a Comment