9.21.2011

Family of 5 for a week

Last month Jarod and I had the opportunity to experience life with 3 kids. We had a blast! Our nephew and neice, Thomas and Annie came to Norfolk to spend a whole week with us. This is the second summer we have done this and it's a pretty big deal for them - spending several nights, hours away from mom and dad. It's a pretty big deal for me too - adjusting to life with three very active kiddos! They wore me out, but we had so much fun! Jarod and Thomas went golfing together, Annie and I got pedicures, we made homemade ice cream, and went for a long bike ride down the cowboy trail.







We rode all the way out to where the bridge collapsed from last year's flood. I'm pretty impressed with their endurence. I think we rode about 7 miles.














Annie and Thomas were big helpers in the kitchen. They picked veggies from the garden, helped make homemade salsa, made their own pizzas for dinner and always took their plates to the sink after we were done eating!




They also helped out with Andrew. He loved having someone to play with all the time. I kind of feel bad that he doesn't have any siblings to play with right now. Of course that will all change very soon! And just like this weekend, I will be much more tired at the end of each day, but it will all be worth it watching them play and grow together. I'm so very thankful that Jarod will be by my side through it all, helping with however many children we end up having.











Thomas and Annie, we loved spending time with you. You are welcome back to our house anytime!

1 comment: