4.19.2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!

How could we possibly be celebrating Andrew's first birthday already? My little baby isn't so little anymore. I can't believe how much he has grown and changed in one year. I keep thinking back to last year and what was going on. I spent all day in the hospital; went in to be induced at 7 am and Andrew was born at 9:06 pm. I remember his little cry, so soft and cute. Oh how that has changed! He is now a 25 pound toddler. I hope time can slow down just a bit so I can enjoy every new accomplishment and stage that he goes through. I want to remember it all, but I know that I won't, especially as we add to our family. For now, I will just enjoy the days as they come.


Oh what a birthday celebration we had! The whole family made the trip to Norfolk; grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, cousins, even great grandma Kastl was here. With his birthday being so close to Easter this year, I of course had to make a bunny cake.








He was not too sure what to do with the cake, which is odd because anytime I put food in front of him he digs in.





Opening presents was fun. I think he was a little overwhelmed by all the people looking at him and the huge mound of gifts. He really enjoyed pulling the tissue paper out and ripping the paper!







In the end, his favorite new gift to play with was the hanger. Go figure!


By the end of the night he was so exhausted. He was extra snugly for story time with dad and slept well. What a blessed little boy to be loved by so many people. Thank you all for making his birthday so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment