6.10.2013

To My Dominic...

What a joy you are!  I always call you my sweet Dominic because you love to show affection.  I don't know how many times a day I think to myself (and sometimes say out loud) "oh, you are so cute I could just eat you up" or "I just want to squeeze you!" You have a very sensitive side to you.  I notice that you get your feelings hurt often and always want extra hugs and kisses.  The other day you crawled up on the recliner with dad and cuddled with him so nice and peaceful for a half hour while Andrew ran around and played.  You love to be held and sit on our laps.  My favorite thing you do is lay your head on my shoulder and tuck your arms in between our bodies when I'm holding you.  Lately you have started patting my back while I pat yours, as if to say "I love you too, mom".
To contrast your sweet innocence, you have a fiery and spirited side to your personality.  You run around and yell sometimes as if you've been possessed.  The amount of destruction you can cause is unreal!  I have to be on my toes during the day and try to think one step ahead of you which is exhausting!  I can't keep track of how many times you have fallen down and bumped your head and scraped your knees.


You are my little TV watcher.  You would sit there all day if I let you (which I don't).  You will stand in front of the TV and nod your head until I turn on what you want and then plop down in the middle of the floor or assume your position on top of the ottoman. 
You play so nicely by yourself.  There have been many times throughout the day when I realize I haven't seen you in a while.  I start to worry and then I usually find you sitting in the corner by yourself looking through books.  You love to turn the pages and look at the pictures but you won't let me read to you.  I read to Andrew every night when he was little (and still do) and I haven't even been able to read you one book!


You are really growing up.  I absolutely love your gibberish that you speak.  It sounds like you are speaking a real language with voice inflections, facial expressions and complete sentences.  Only I can't understand a word of it, even though you know exactly what you are saying.  You have officially said your first words, aside from mama and dada: shoe, mmvie (movie) and choo-choo. 
 
I am so enjoying watching you grow and develop your own personality.  I know it won't be too long before you will want to be completely independent, so for now I will take as many sweet hugs and kisses as you'll give me and let you sit in my lap as long as you want.
 
I love you with all my heart!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment