6.22.2012

Worst Day Ever

This just might be the worst day of my mothering life. Today, Andrew figured out how to crawl out of his crib. Just as normal, I layer him down for a nap after lunch and was really looking forward to getting a little rest myself, when I heard the front door open and shut. I looked outside and saw Andrew running down the driveway! We fought for the next 2 1/2 hours, I would put him back in his crib and he kept getting out, screaming through it all. He finally drifted off to sleep with me standing over him. Now I can finally take a nap. Wrong! As soon as I shut Andrew's door, Dominic started crying! So...I ate a bag of potato chips, drank a cup of coffee and now I'm ready to face the rest of the day. I can't help but think what this means not just for today, but every afternoon nap and bedtime from here on out. I may be a bit over dramatic, but nap time is my time! I cherish it! I don't have the energy to spend 2 hours every afternoon and evening getting him to sleep! I will stop wallowing in self pity. I have been so blessed to not have to deal with any real hardships as a mother. I will be thankful that crawling out of the crib qualifies as my worst day ever.

1 comment:

  1. Buy the crib tent...I heard it works great. Andrew......be nice for your mamma.

    ReplyDelete