5.14.2012

Motherhood...My Most Precious Gift

My boys gave me the best Mother's Day gift this year.  Before going in to mass, I said out loud to Jarod in a sigh of desperation, "the only thing I want for Mother's Day is for them to behave during church". You see, lately church has been a challenge.  Andrew is an energetic two year old and Dominic is just entering the stage where he's squirming all the time and trying to eat the missalettes.  It seems like church is one big juggling act and one of us usually spends a lot of time standing in the back.  Well, today I got my wish!
   

My precious boys acted as sweet as they looked during mass!  It was unbelievable!  I was able to listen and pray and meditate on what a blessing motherhood has been.  After mass they took me out for brunch and then we spent the rest of the day enjoying the outdoors. 


It was such a gorgeous day so we spent a lot of time in our backyard.  We enjoyed being serenaded by the baby birds that are in a nest under our deck and the cardinals who were singing in our trees.  It was the most peaceful and relaxing afternoon.  While the boys were napping Jarod went to work waxing my car while I made a quick trip to run some errands. 
    

We ended the day grilling "the best burgers ever" that I found on Pintrest.  Jarod got some help from grill master Andrew.  

The burgers lived up to their name and helped make this "the best Mother's Day ever".  I am so thankful that I get to be mom to these two beautiful boys and my Benedict in heaven.

Thank you Lord for the gift of motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment